CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Do Pirates Take Baths?

This week's Mommy and Me Book Club activities were inspired by the book  Do Pirates Take Baths? by Kathy Tucker



*I threw a pirate birthday party for my 5 year old son the afternoon before, so to make life easier on me, we had a pirate theme the next day.  A lot of the activities were the same,as they were already set up from 18 hours before.

Gathering Activity: Pirate Paper Plate Masks
 
 
We made these adorable masks from I Heart Crafty Things. 











Circle Time

We read Do Pirates Take Baths? by Kathy Tucker.  Each page in the book asks a question about pirates and then answers it in rhyme form.  There were a couple of pages we skipped, due to our little ones' ages.  But overall, it was a fun and silly book that the children enjoyed!



We sang pirate songs together! Born Librarian has the best and cutest pirate songs!  We sang these last year when we did Henry and the Buccaneer Bunnies.  My favorite is about a one legged pirate who wears a patch.

 



Art: Egg Carton Pirate Ships
 
I have seen these floating around pinterest!  Aren’t they adorable!!! I just had to make them for our craft!  I found directions on The Celebration Shoppe








Snack: Pirate Ship Jello

We made these yummy pirate Ships that we found on Make and Takes.

They even have these great flag printables for free! 


Pirate Activities

All 3 activities were from our birthday party. 

1-)Dig for buried treasure
The children searched for gold coins, necklaces, rings, and gems. 

 

2-) Walk the plank
We set up a large wooden board across my square foot garden (that we had not yet planted). We let the children balance across.  

 

3-) Pirate Ship Play 
The children had a great time pretending to be pirates in this great cardboard ship a young man from our church made for my son's party.  




2 comments:

Alicia

Wow, that ship is awesome! How cool that someone made it for you guys. I'm heading over to get one of those printables right now - thanks for the tip. :-)

Unknown

Your paper plate pirates turned out so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the link to my blog. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from the readers of my blog. It makes my day! I have recently had a lot of inappropriate spam that has snuck through, so I am turning on the moderation of comments for a short time, to see if it helps. I am so sorry for any inconvience this may cause, but I want to remain a family friendly blog. -Danielle @Mommy and Me Book Club