CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Circle Time Info

Each week I select a book for our Mommy and Me Book Club.  I try to select quality children's literature, with engaging pictures, and that are age appropriate.  But most importantly, I look for books that are fun to read aloud and can hold the children's attention.

We begin each circle time singing "Here We Are Together" at Mommy and Me.  Then we name each of our kids.  After the opening song, we sing the ABCs, count to 10 and then count backwards to zero.

Next we introduce the story of the day, which I read aloud to the children.

After the story we sing several songs and finger plays related to the theme.  I make sure to include a lot of movement into the songs and finger plays.

We conclude each week with the song "Shake My Sillies Out."

We end with a verse "I'm gonna tiptoe my sillies out"  and tiptoe to the art table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from the readers of my blog. It makes my day! I have recently had a lot of inappropriate spam that has snuck through, so I am turning on the moderation of comments for a short time, to see if it helps. I am so sorry for any inconvience this may cause, but I want to remain a family friendly blog. -Danielle @Mommy and Me Book Club